Participating in Wikipedia Loves Northern Pakistan is really easy and straightforward. All you need to do is register an account on Wikipedia, and upload the photographs using the button “UPLOAD NOW”. Thats it!
- You will have to provide your e-mail address when creating the account so we can contact you if your photograph wins.
- All entries must be original photographs taken by you. Please make sure that you are not uploading someone else’s photos. Contestants as well entries that constitute copyright infringement and fraud will be disqualified.
- Images with watermarks, copyright symbols and timestamp are not allowed and could disqualify a potential winning entry.
In October, the contest jury will begin evaluating the photographs and award prizes for the best photos in Pakistan and globally.
A panel of photographic experts will select the best 10 entries on the following criteria:
- Technical quality of the photograph;
- Originality and creativity;
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image to the Wikipedia
We recommend you upload your best quality and full resolution photographs to increase your chances of winning.
The top 10 photographs from Pakistan will get exclusive Wikipedia gift.
The Pakistani jury will nominate three best and the seven highly commended photos for the international contest, which has its own jury and awards. The first international winner will win travel scholarship (with a maximum value of €2,000) to attend the international Wikimania conference in Canada in 2017.
If you have a question that is not covered by the FAQ, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com